suggested aftermarket brakes?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I recently purchased my first electric vehicle and am very pleased with it. Just one observation after a 5-hour drive when I got it, I noticed that the brakes could be improved. I found that its stopping power could not handle the vehicle because of its weight. Are there any aftermarket brake upgrades available for this one?

After digging into it, it's clear that the brakes might not be the culprit here; it's likely the vehicle's weight that's causing the issue. My recommendation? Start by upgrading the tires. Opting for a set of Michelin Pilot Sport tires could be a game-changer, offering better performance and handling

I recently purchased my first electric vehicle and am very pleased with it. Just one observation after a 5-hour drive when I got it, I noticed that the brakes could be improved. I found that its stopping power could not handle the vehicle because of its weight. Are there any aftermarket brake upgrades available for this one?
In the end, it's all up to you. But why bother with an upgrade? The stock brakes are already particularly impressive, delivering exceptional stopping power for a vehicle weighing over 4000 lbs. They far exceed the needs of most everyday drivers. They work flawlessly, leaving you wondering why anyone would change a system that was thoroughly developed by professionals.

Join the Kia EV6 Community

Support, tutorials, and a friendly community

Back