Is Octopus Intelligent Octopus Go a Battery Life Nightmare for Kia EV6 Owners?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rickb140

Reaction score
So I've been dabbling with Octopus Intelligent Octopus Go for my Kia EV6, and I gotta say, it's been a bit of a rollercoaster. I'm all for the idea of overnight charging at lower rates, but this tech's been letting me down big time with my EV6. I get it, keeping your battery up to 80% is the way to go for longevity, but here's the kicker -despite setting a charging limit in the app, this Octopus Go thingy doesn't seem to care. It just charges right up to 100%, no questions asked. Anyone else dealing with this headache? And more importantly, any sage advice on how to tackle it without sacrificing my battery's long-term health?

So I've been dabbling with Octopus Intelligent Octopus Go for my Kia EV6, and I gotta say, it's been a bit of a rollercoaster. I'm all for the idea of overnight charging at lower rates, but this tech's been letting me down big time with my EV6. I get it, keeping your battery up to 80% is the way to go for longevity, but here's the kicker -despite setting a charging limit in the app, this Octopus Go thingy doesn't seem to care. It just charges right up to 100%, no questions asked. Anyone else dealing with this headache? And more importantly, any sage advice on how to tackle it without sacrificing my battery's long-term health?
Ohme is my go-to for managing my charging limit. It's been way smoother sailing than my prveious Octopus Go setup.

I have this too. You have to set the charge limit in the car. The "requested charge" amount to Octopus is only a hint so it can schedule more or less time to get you charged and tends to overestimate time (good as better than not charging enough). But if set in the car it will stop at 80% (or whatever).

Join the Kia EV6 Community

Support, tutorials, and a friendly community

Back