EV6 DC charging

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ambangeg91

Reaction score
I've been having the worst luck with DC fast charging my EV6. It was working fine a few weeks ago, but now it's a total crap shoot. I've gotten "Connection Error Detected" and "Error Code: 59/60" on multiple EVgo stations. I've tried everything I can think of: restarting the car, different chargers, even calling EVgo, which was useless. Car Scanner shows no codes, and the ICCU TSB is already applied. I've seen people suggest pulling the charge plug during the handshake or charging above 20% before DC charging, but those sound crazy. Has anyone else had this issue?

I haven't had any issues like that, but fingers crossed I don't jinx myself. I don't DC fast charge often, but it's important that it works when I need it.

It seems like not many other people have experienced this either, judging by the lack of replies. Hopefully, it's just a temporary issue with EVgo in that area. But it sounds like you might need a new ICCU.

As for the handle and charge over 20% suggestions, I think it's unlikely that those would be the cause for multiple stations in a row. Good luck, and keep us updated!

Join the Kia EV6 Community

Support, tutorials, and a friendly community

Back