Carlinkit Carplay AI Box Setup for my EV6!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

brazilianbadboy

Reaction score
So I’m planning to buy this Carlinkit Carplay AI Box with this link:

https://www.amazon.com/CarlinKit-CarPlay-Android-Wireless-Cellular/dp/B0BPHNNNHR

I mainly want this for running Google Maps or ABRP for EV-specific routing alongside my car's built-in navigation. But here's where I'm scratching my head – once I have it all sorted out, can I still use Bluetooth to handle phone calls directly from my phone while letting the AI Box do its thing with other features? My brother has one too, and when he connects his phone via Bluetooth, the car menu jumps straight to the AI box for phone stuff, which isn't what I'm aiming for. So do I need to directly connect to the AI box via Bluetooth for this, or should I just stick with the wireless Android Auto connection? Any thoughts?

I don't think you necessarily need to connect directly to the AI box using Bluetooth for phone calls. I think AI can do its job while you are on a phone call.

If this is not happening, then there might be some settings that are not ok. Maybe you can find something like adjusting the Bluetooth priority or settings on the AI box itself.

Join the Kia EV6 Community

Support, tutorials, and a friendly community

Back