Software update ISSUE!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ClicksAndCoffee_04

Reaction score
I took my EV6 in for a software update, but it turned into a nightmare. The update failed halfway through, leaving my car in the water. The service department claims it is due to a national network outage, implying that the update required an internet connection. Apparently, they are stuck until it is repaired. At least they gave me the Niro loaner in the meantime.

My car also went crazy after a software update. Fortunately, it was the weekend and I was free, so I wasn't too bothered by the wait at the dealership. They ended up spending the entire day fixing the issue, but at least it was resolved on the same day.

There are situations that we cannot avoid no matter what, its a good thing that they were considerate and let you loan a Niro. Did they tell you how long it will take to get fixed?

You cannot tell what lies ahead, but on a more positive note, they let you have the Niro to get by. That just shows the dealership's commendable customer service.

Same thing happened to me. The dealer had to keep my car most of the day to fix the software, but everything was back to normal afterwards.

Join the Kia EV6 Community

Support, tutorials, and a friendly community

Back