Rusty Brake Rotors on my EV6!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

scottmma

Reaction score
So I was checking out my 2022 EV6 GT-Line and guess what? I found some pesky rust on the rotors. It's a bit frustrating since I've only had it for around 1.5 years. Do you think I should be worried about this? And any cool tricks on how to banish this rust?

So I was checking out my 2022 EV6 GT-Line and guess what? I found some pesky rust on the rotors. It's a bit frustrating since I've only had it for around 1.5 years. Do you think I should be worried about this? And any cool tricks on how to banish this rust?
If your car was parked outside after it snowed or rained, seeing some surface rust is normal. It happens to mine too, especially right after a wash. It should disappear once you drive the car for a bit.

There are rust removing sprays available in shops around your area, rust usually shows up when a part gets soaked or had contact with water. How about using WD-40 to try and remove that rust?

Join the Kia EV6 Community

Support, tutorials, and a friendly community

Back