EV6 Security Concerns

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Peaches

Reaction score
Sharing a concerning experience. My car was stolen from a hospital parking lot on a weekend. Parked it, went to a meeting and came back three hours later - gone! Here's the weird part: the car was deregistered from the connected app about an hour after I parked it.

This all has me worried there might be a security exploit. Anyone else heard about a vulnerability where thieves can use some kind of emulator device to steal these cars? Hoping to warn others but any info or insights is also appreciated!

Sharing a concerning experience. My car was stolen from a hospital parking lot on a weekend. Parked it, went to a meeting and came back three hours later - gone! Here's the weird part: the car was deregistered from the connected app about an hour after I parked it.

This all has me worried there might be a security exploit. Anyone else heard about a vulnerability where thieves can use some kind of emulator device to steal these cars? Hoping to warn others but any info or insights is also appreciated!
So sorry to hear that! There have definitely been some reports of EV6 thefts lately, which is concerning. Adding a PIN for starting the car, like Tesla has, could be a great security improvement. Hopefully Kia will consider implementing that soon.

Please update us. I would be willing to help you find your car. You can PM me your plate number so that I can help you.

Join the Kia EV6 Community

Support, tutorials, and a friendly community

Back