EV6 dead 12v & stubborn brake warning!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

WolfHall

Reaction score
Just got back from a trip and - wouldn't you know it - my EV6 12v battery decided to die on me. AA came and sorted but now I've got a "Check Brake System" warning that won't quit. Anyone know how to reset it myself, or am I stuck with a dealer visit? On the bright side, the new battery I ordered is on the way. My jump starter seemed to die after the initial jump, any idea what happened there? Car even shut itself off once after the jump. But we made it home safe, taht's what's important. Any insights on the shutoff or the brake warning would be greatly appreciated!

Step on the brakes and give the start button a good press to fully power on the car (don't settle for accessory mode). This wakes up the big battery (HV) so it can recharge the smaller one (12V) and get you back on the road.

Just got back from a trip and - wouldn't you know it - my EV6 12v battery decided to die on me. AA came and sorted but now I've got a "Check Brake System" warning that won't quit. Anyone know how to reset it myself, or am I stuck with a dealer visit? On the bright side, the new battery I ordered is on the way. My jump starter seemed to die after the initial jump, any idea what happened there? Car even shut itself off once after the jump. But we made it home safe, taht's what's important. Any insights on the shutoff or the brake warning would be greatly appreciated!
For a full charge, make sure to start the car fully (brake + on button) after a dead 12v battery. This activates the HV battery to charge it. It might take a few hours. Need to leave early? Use utility mode (with aircon off) and lock with the key. This drains the HV but keeps 12v charging. Still not charging? ICCU might be the culprit. Even a "charged" 12v after being flat might not hold it - sounds like you're already on top of that with a new battery. I hope that helps. Or you might've figured it out already, let us know!

Join the Kia EV6 Community

Support, tutorials, and a friendly community

Back