Charging port door - is it safe to open manually?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ShellyCoop

Reaction score
I'm hesitant to open it manually because I want to be sure everything will work as it should. I recently experienced the same thing—I had to jump start my car. My main concern right now is whether I can manually open it even if my car is completely dead.

I'm hesitant to open it manually because I want to be sure everything will work as it should. I recently experienced the same thing—I had to jump start my car. My main concern right now is whether I can manually open it even if my car is completely dead.
you can definitely try to manually open the charging port door, just press firmly on the left side of the port and it should open. the charging port door has the same mechanism as the door handles so you don't have to worry and everything should work out fine.

You should still be able to access your car with a physical key, even if the car's battery is completely drained. Once you're inside, there's usually a manual way to open the charging port door.

Join the Kia EV6 Community

Support, tutorials, and a friendly community

Back