Problems with my remote climate control

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

boy_pickup

Reaction score
My EV's remote climate control failed. I can't turn on the car's heating or cooling using the app, despite receiving confirmation and hearing noises from the car (possibly from the pre-conditioning system). Have you had any experiences with this one?

I can forward you the email that Kia sent me when I had infotainment issues on my EV6 GT. Maybe this would help.

To begin, let's perform a soft reset. This can be done by pressing in the small button that resembles a pinhole with a pen or a pin. This button is typically located by the volume or radio tuner knobs. After the screen goes blank, please allow 3 minutes for the modem to reestablish connectivity with the wireless network.

After the 3 minutes has passed, do a reconfigure and a refresh to get the Server, Modem and App in sync. Please follow these steps:
1. Press the SETUP button on your headunit.
2. Press the UVO (Or Kia Connect or Data/Network) icon on the screen.
3. Press SERVICE ACTIVATION or RECONFIGURE MODEM. (Whatever option is above 911 Connect)
4. Upon completion, open Kia Access App.
5. With the vehicle running, press the refresh icon in the upper right corner of the app.
6. When it says UPDATED NOW, attempt a remote command. Ensure you're meeting the preconditions.

After this troubleshooting is complete, if connection is restored no further steps are needed. If it is not restored, please continue with this guide:

Perform an ignition cycle on the vehicle by turning off the engine, removing the keys (if your vehicle uses a FOB simply turn off the ignition), and opening/closing the driver side front door with the ignition turned off. This will cause the computer/modem to turn off completely.

Our last step in the vehicle will be performing a slightly more in depth reset that does not erase any user data or connections. You can perform this from the head unit of your vehicle by pressing the following:
Setup > Data/Network > Reconfigure

Our last step would be to uninstall and reinstall the mobile app to ensure it is not only running on the latest software per your device operating system but that it also reconnects with your vehicle digitally.

Thank you for this. So I followed these steps and even told my dealer I had completed them all. It worked perfectly... for a day. Then bam! Back to square one. Dealer says bring it in; they need to take a deeper dive.

@Levithepianist thanks for the detailed instructions on how to resolve this issue. its a good thing i was able to discover your answer right away. Its been 2 days since I followed your instructions and thank god the issue didnt come back. Thanks again man!

Join the Kia EV6 Community

Support, tutorials, and a friendly community

Back