EV6 network error

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

WolfHall

Reaction score
I'm helping fix my mom's EV6 she bought at launch and it seems to have lost its network connection as of April. Kia Connect and car connectivity were working great until then she says, but now the app won't update with car data, remote controls are kaput, and even stuff like "Weather" shows a connection error (both at home and out).

Anyone else experience this network disconnect issue? The dealership suggested unregistering and re-registering my account, but that's easier said than done! Trying to deactivate Kia Connect to link a new account results in an error message. Seems like there's just "no service/reception" available for Kia Connect features anywhere.

I'm helping fix my mom's EV6 she bought at launch and it seems to have lost its network connection as of April. Kia Connect and car connectivity were working great until then she says, but now the app won't update with car data, remote controls are kaput, and even stuff like "Weather" shows a connection error (both at home and out).

Anyone else experience this network disconnect issue? The dealership suggested unregistering and re-registering my account, but that's easier said than done! Trying to deactivate Kia Connect to link a new account results in an error message. Seems like there's just "no service/reception" available for Kia Connect features anywhere.
Try this: keep the Kia Connect app open on your phone. In your car, go to the Home screen, then Kia Connect, Settings, and Reconfigure. Next, close the app on your phone and reopen it.

Join the Kia EV6 Community

Support, tutorials, and a friendly community

Back