EV6 light coast-to-coast tips

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

5000fan

Reaction score
Planning an epic west-to-east coast adventure in our trusty EV6 Light and hoping to tap into your collective wisdom. We've done some shorter day trips, and while the range crushes my old Leaf's anxiety-inducing limitations, a cross-country trek feels like a whole new ball game. To prep, we're testing the waters with a Bay Area to L.A. round trip (with the added fun of my spouse attempting inflatable mattress car camping - wish me luck!). I've mapped it out with ABRP and other apps (ChargePoint, Google Maps - meh, Apple Maps - not much better), but curious to hear your long-distance experiences with the EV6 Light! Routing tips, charging advice, general survival strategies - all insights welcome!

Charging your EV6 in California can be a major hassle, especially when compared to other states. California has a lot of electric cars, and the charging stations frequently fail. This can lead to long wait times. I've had to wait to charge at nearly half of the charging stations I've visited in California. The East Coast could be worse, but it's difficult to envision it being as bad as California.

Join the Kia EV6 Community

Support, tutorials, and a friendly community

Back