Anyone Else Struggling with Smart Charging on Kia EV6?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

scrossmaggard

Reaction score
I snagged my Kia EV6 just 3 months back and switched to IO from Octopus Go last week. Initially, I was pumped about the BP Pulse charger and grabbing cheap power in off-peak hours. But bam! After using Smart charging and leaving the car alone for a bit, my 12V battery conked out not once, but twice. Turns out, the IO app’s constant checking might be keeping my ride up all night, draining the battery. Kia's talking about a software fix, but for now, I've dialed back Smart charging and stuck to a regular schedule. Any other EV6 drivers grappling with these Smart charging headaches? How are you dealing with it?

I switched to Go for their combined car and house charging plan. It's pretty cool,they adjust prices based on things like wind power and energy generation, which gives me some flexibility. This worked out great for me since I also use solar and need to top up my batteries during darker months, all at a good price!

Join the Kia EV6 Community

Support, tutorials, and a friendly community

Back