Can We Use Tesla Chargers for Our Kia EV6?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I'm traveling and will be passing by Tesla chargers. Has anyone tried using the Tesla chargers?

I'm worried about safety and potential mismatches like the voltage. Also looks like I may need to buy an adapter.

I'm traveling and will be passing by Tesla chargers. Has anyone tried using the Tesla chargers?

I'm worried about safety and potential mismatches like the voltage. Also looks like I may need to buy an adapter.
Using a Tesla charger for your Kia EV6 is fine as long as your vehicle is NACS equipped, if lady luck isn't by your side then you should purchase an adapter for it. Tesla Superchargers are out of the question here.... about the voltage mismatch, its bound to charge longer than normal because Tesla charging stations are optimized for Tesla vehicles only, so use at your own risk.

There are tons of adapters on Amazon, ranging from $60 to $200. I haven't tried a Tesla charger with my EV6 yet, so I'm not sure which is the best option.

Not all Tesla Superchargers are compatible with non-Tesla vehicles. However, you can find stations equipped with a Magic Dock adapter. Just use the Tesla app to filter and locate these stations.

Join the Kia EV6 Community

Support, tutorials, and a friendly community

Back